What is the Space Race?
The Space Race is a membership scheme which has been developed to maximise community usage of our Production and Learning centre at TR2, without infringing on the needs of our own rehearsals and community projects. It will provide not for profit arts and/or community groups in the Plymouth area free use of spaces at the centre, bookable at 3 weeks’ notice.
How can I become a member?
You will need to complete and submit a simple application form. The form is available to submit online or can be collected from the Theatre Royal Plymouth Box Office or the reception of our Production and Learning centre at TR2. Applications can be made at any time and it will take up to one month for your application to be reviewed. We will contact you as soon as possible to let you know the outcome.
Who is eligible to apply?
The Space Race is for individuals and organisations involved in arts and/or community related activity.
Individual applicants to the Space Race might be:
- Artists, musicians, writers, performers, directors, composers
- A new or emerging theatre company or group of artists working together (one will need to take the lead and have the main responsibility for managing the application and any use of the scheme)
Types of organisations eligible to apply are:
- Registered charities
- Unincorporated associations set up as a voluntary and community group.
- Community interest companies.
- Not-for-profit companies limited by guarantee.
- Community benefit societies.
- Local authorities and other public organisations such as museums and libraries, schools etc.
What happens once I’m a member?
Your name will be added to our membership database and you will be issued with a membership number. Your membership will last one year. You can, however, renew your membership by submitting a fresh application. If your circumstances change within the year and you no longer fit the criteria, please let us know so that we can free up space for eligible scheme members.
How do I use the scheme?
If you wish to book a room, you can contact our TR2 Reception at up to 3 weeks’ notice to see if anything is available. We are not able to let you book a room any further in advance than 3 weeks. Our receptionists will let you know what is available and take your booking. The scheme is for room bookings only – please enquire on booking if you would like to hire any equipment.
24 hours’ notice must be given if you no longer require the room. If you cancel within the 24 hour period or do not show up for a booking more than twice, we will regrettably have to cancel your membership.