We hope that everyone can enjoy brilliant performances at Theatre Royal Plymouth so we are hosting some specially adapted relaxed performances of some of the upcoming productions this season.
What is a relaxed performance?
These special performances are accessible to everyone as we look at how we can reduce the stress that some of the sensory elements of a show can cause by creating a more relaxed environment.
You will notice the following at a relaxed performance:
- There is an informal atmosphere and patrons can enter and leave the auditorium throughout the show as doors are left open
- The house lights will stay on
- Strobe lighting is avoided
- There will not be any loud bangs or loud music
- A chill-out zone is available
- Making noise during the show is not discouraged
- We have additional staff on hand with Makaton training
- There are an increased number of wheelchair spaces available
If you know someone who finds the idea of a trip to the theatre daunting and may benefit from a more relaxed environment then let them know about relaxed performances.
Tickets for this performance are not available to book online, please contact the Box Office on 01752 267222 for more information and to book.
What is a chilled performance?
A chilled performance takes a more casual approach to noise and movement in the auditorium, but the performance itself is unchanged.
This performance is ideal for people who feel more at ease knowing they can go in and out of the auditorium during the show. This performance is for everybody and babes in arms are welcome.
Upcoming chilled performances:
Bulls*** Thursday 13th December 8.00pm