YOUNG COMPANY PEER MENTORS
We are looking for Young Company members to become Peer Mentors within regular Young Company groups. We know that there are lots of Young Company members with fantastic communication skills who understand the aims of the Young Company and would be great role models within groups. We are looking for some very supportive Young Company members to become peer mentors to support younger members to enjoy what the Young Company has to offer.
YC groups take place during term time at our Production and Learning centre, TR2 or in The Lab at the Theatre Royal Plymouth. We will look at your availability and match that up with a group that would benefit from your support.
Peer mentors will need to:
• Be aged 14-17
• Have taken part in at least 2 terms of Young Company regular groups before
• Be willing to be a supportive and committed member of the allocated group
What’s in it for you?
• It’s free to become a peer mentor, so this is an extra chance to improve your skills
• You will get training from us on how to be a peer mentor
• You will get to support other young people to get involved
• Get more involved with the Theatre Royal Plymouth
• Free ticket to a show we take the group to see
• A reference from the Theatre Royal Plymouth
• Looks great on your CV
• May support other training linked to Duke of Edinburgh Awards or college/ university modules
To apply be a Peer Mentor please complete the application form. We have now recruited for the Autumn term, however, if this is something that’s interests you, please fill in the application form.Tweet