Peer Mentor/ 18Plus Work Experience Opportunity- National Theatre Connections 2019
Festival Support- National Theatre Connections 2019
What it is
Each year the National Theatre commissions ten new plays for young people to perform, bringing together some of the UK’s most exciting writers with the theatre-makers of tomorrow.
300 youth theatre companies and over 6,000 young people from every corner of the UK are producing a Connections play this year. Ten companies will come to the National Theatre with their productions of plays by Luke Barnes, Rob Drummond, Katie Hims, Dawn King, Benjamin Kuffour, Ndell Leyshon, Lajaune Lincoln & Ben Baily Smith, Laura Lomas, Katherine Soper and Tom Wells.
This May, the Theatre Royal Plymouth will host 10 companies in a week long festival. With two companies performing and attending each day, we’re looking for a support team, that would like to see the inner workings of a theatre festival while be part of this national project.
When it is
The festival week will take place from Tuesday 7th May – Saturday 11th May 2019. However, you don’t need to attend every day of the festival to take part in a placement. We will match up your availability to support needs of the festival. We will require you for the whole day day if you are scheduled to support. This will be 9am – 9pm.
Who we are we looking for
• A friendly and welcoming team player with fantastic people skills
• A hard working, energetic and enthusiastic person
• A first rate communicator with fantastic organisational skills
• A creative problem solver
• Someone who is comfortable communicating with young people
What you will be doing
• Prepare the dressing rooms for the arrival of the companies each day (door signs etc.)
• Acting as a guide to the visiting companies, accompanying them around the building
• Supporting the TRP team with decorating the Drum area of the foyer with balloons etc. each day
• Supporting the TRP team in the creating, printing and distributing of the performance freesheets
• Accompanying the companies off site for lunch each day
• Supporting the TRP team in the filming of each performance each evening
How to apply
To apply please email email@example.com please include any experience you might have and reasons for being interested in this particular role.
Applications Now Open
Applications Close: 12pm Friday 26th April
What happens next?
We will notify you of the outcome of your application on Monday 29th April If you have been successful, Dani, may call you directly to discuss further details.
If you have any questions or would like any further details please contact Dani by email or phone 01752 230375.