YOUNG COMPANY PEER MENTORS
We are looking for Young Company members to become Peer Mentors within regular Young Company groups. We know that there are lots of Young Company members with fantastic communication skills who understand the aims of the Young Company and would be great role models within groups. We are looking for some very supportive Young Company members to become peer mentors to support younger members to enjoy what the Young Company has to offer.
YC groups take place during term time at our Production and Learning centre, TR2 or in The Lab at the Theatre Royal Plymouth. We will look at your availability and match that up with a group that would benefit from your support.
Peer mentors will need to:
• Be aged 14-17
• Have taken part in at least 2 terms of Young Company regular groups before
• Be willing to be a supportive and committed member of the allocated group
What’s in it for you?
• It’s free to become a peer mentor, so this is an extra chance to improve your skills
• You will get training from us on how to be a peer mentor
• You will get to support other young people to get involved
• Get more involved with the Theatre Royal Plymouth
• Free ticket to a show we take the group to see
• A reference from the Theatre Royal Plymouth
• Looks great on your CV
• May support other training linked to Duke of Edinburgh Awards or college/ university modules
To apply be a Peer Mentor 2018/19 please complete the application form. The deadline for submissions is the 1st September.
Interviews will take place week commencing 3rd September 2018.
Training will take place on Saturday 15th September 2018 (subject to change).
We also have other peer support opportunities for anyone over the age of 14 during the summer holidays. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to be a positive role model for our summer Play in a Week Academy, Musical Theatre Academy and our Family Workshops for ages 3-7. Applications close on Tuesday 24th July.Tweet