Funky Llama is looking for people over the age of 18 to become volunteer Buddies for Funky Llama events.
Are you are kind and compassionate person? Do you love to socialise and attend arts and music events in the city? Are looking for the opportunity to volunteer and learn more about inclusivity?
Funky Llama is looking for Buddy volunteers to support people to attend the Funky Llama Festival on Saturday 8th June 2019!
Being a Buddy involves attending a Funky Llama event with a person that needs additional support, this includes helping them to get involved with activities, to socialise and be independent.
You don’t need to have any particular experience, you just need to:
- Be a friendly and kind adult, with a good sense of humor
- Have a passion for live music, and having a good night out!
- Be willing to get to know somebody well, and to have a good gig buddying relationship with them, based on mutual respect and shared interests.
- Be proactive and reliable.
- Have an existing DBS check, alternatively we can take you through this.
You will also need to be available for the following:
• A 1 hour training session for buddies at TR2; Theatre Royal Plymouth’s Production and Learning Centre in Cattedown.
• A Meet and Greet where you will be assigned a Festival Buddy
• A day at Funky Llama Festival! The festival takes place on Saturday 8th June 2019 on the Plymouth Hoe from 12pm to 10pm. We will book taxis for you and your buddy to and from the event, and we will offer support in making any arrangements.
If you would like to be part of this exciting opportunity please email email@example.com. If you have any questions you can also call our Funky Llama Officer, Clair Beckett, on 01752 230332.Tweet