Theatre Royal Plymouth is looking for a small group of enthusiastic people to get involved in a critical writing scheme. The scheme is suited to anyone interested in a career in journalism, arts marketing, or someone who just loves writing. No experience of critical writing is necessary, just a passion and interest in live performance.
The Theatre Royal Plymouth PR team are looking for 10 volunteers who are based in the South West to get involved. As a participant on the scheme you will be invited to attend a number of press nights for productions across all three of our stages – The Lyric, The Drum and The Lab. You’ll need to write a review of the production you have seen afterwards.
We’ll give you lots of pointers to help develop your critical writing skills and there will be opportunities to speak to professional theatre critics to get an insight into how to they review a show.
There are a few conditions for taking part in the scheme and these are as follows:
• You must be available for the press night of the show you’ve been invited to – they usually tend to be a Monday or Tuesday night (dates will be issued when successful).
• You must be available on email and be able to provide a contact number.
• Your review must be submitted in a word document and it must be between 400 and 700 words.
• If a review is badly written, it will not be used – watch your spelling and grammar. We reserve the right to edit your review.
• The review needs to be submitted the following day after seeing the show – preferably in the morning.
Applications are now closed.Tweet