Diverse City and Funky Llama Theatre Royal Plymouth present:
The Inclusive Rehearsal Room
Friday 21 April
10am – 5pm
TR2, Plymouth, PL4 0SJ
Tickets: £40 (lunch & refreshments included)
A unique opportunity to experience inclusive rehearsal practice with award winning company Diverse City
Led by experienced artists drawn from Extraordinary Bodies integrated circus company, this training will give you the tools and the confidence to widen access and participation to the performing arts, for disabled and diverse people equally. The session is aimed at performers, directors, facilitators and teachers across the arts.
What will you learn?
• How to be more confident in welcoming diverse participants into the arts
• Increased awareness of quality inclusive practice
• Ways to extend and innovate your performance practice
• Practical steps to widen arts participation
What will we do?
• Exploring through discussion and practical activities how our work changes when we consider access.
• Observe inclusive rehearsals and performance, understanding what is surprising, different or interesting, questioning how it relates to each of our arts practice and training.
• Understand our challenges and fears when it comes to diversity and disability, exploring a range of practical concepts and reflective practice.
• Take part in a discussion about how we can influence inclusive arts in Plymouth and beyond.
• Become an active ambassador for inclusive practice, working to transform the South West into an example of best practice in creative diversity.
If you have any questions about the day, please contact Louise at Diverse City: firstname.lastname@example.org
For booking enquiries contact Sara at Sara.Baldwin@theatreroyal.com or on +441752230378
Diverse City is a team of cultural entrepreneurs working through the arts to activate social change. We seize creative opportunities, spot gaps and form unlikely alliances to transform the way performance is made and by whom.Tweet