The Funky Llama Driving Force steering group help plan and programme Funky Llama events which challenge stereo types and celebrate the creative talents of adults with different abilities. We think it is important that everyone has the right to a healthy social life and new experiences. We want you to feel welcome and have as much fun as possible when Funky Llama bursts back onto the Hoe for this year’s festival. So here is some useful information we thought you might like to know…
1. Plymouth Hoe – Funky Llama is bursting onto Plymouth Hoe for the annual festival on Saturday 10th June from 12:00pm – 10:30pm. All the things you know and love about Funky Llama are staying the same, but this year we have even more acts and activities and extra evening entertainment. It is a ticketed event which will be managed at the festival gates by Theatre Royal Plymouth staff and security. Tickets can be purchased on the day of the event but this is only available for cash payments.
2. Transport and Parking – We will have plenty of parking next to the festival site on the Hoe which you can access via Elliot Street, this will include a drop off point. There will also be a shuttle bus running from opposite Bella Italia, up to the Hoe throughout the day. There will be clear information given through volunteers about bus times.
3. Access and toilets – The festival site is fully accessible with disabled toilets available on site. We will also have a hoist facility available in the theatre and access to the new Scope fully accessible care suite on Cornwall Street.
4. Crowds and Noise – There will be lots of partying and activities to get involved with at the festival, however, as always there will be a chill out area where you can relax and enjoy a massage and some storytelling to get away from the crowds and have some time out.
5. Safety – There will be lots of friendly staff and volunteers helping on the day to make sure you have the best time and stay safe, as well as well stationed security personnel around the site.
6. Things to do – there is something for everyone at this year’s Funky Llama Festival, with two stages for music and dance acts, a workshop tent, an arts and crafts tent, chill out tent with storytelling, a photo booth, pop-up performances and plenty of food and drink stalls. All activities will be free.
7. Food and Drink – bring a picnic or enjoy a variety of food from the food and drink stalls. The food options we have available include chips, hotdogs, burritos, Thai food and sweets.
8. Cash – there are no card machine facilities at the festival, so remember to bring cash with you.
Tickets are just £10 (enablers free when accompanying an adult ticket holder)
Under 18s £5, Under 5s go free
Groups of 6+ get one ticket free (not including enabler)
Tickets for the festival are available online or by calling Box Office on 01752 267222.
You can find the festival line-up and a site map in the image gallery in this article.
Here is our top ten picks of things not to miss at this year’s festival:
1. Silent Disco – grab a set of headphones, choose your music and dance away at 4pm-5pm or 7.30-10.30pm in the Drama Llama Tent
2. StopGap – performing at 3pm in front of the Llama Loud stage
3. DJ Dolphin – taking to the Llama Loud stage at 1.30pm
4. Trikes and Bikes – available all day to have a go
5. Straight Jacket Legends – performing on Llama Loud stage at 4pm
6. Trade Mark Blud – performing at 5.05pm
7. Dojo – on the Llama Loud stage at 2.10pm
8. Anjali Dance – fantastic dance in the Llama Lounge Tent at 1.15pm
9. Electric Sister – taking to the stage in the Llama Lounge Tent at 9pm
10. InspirAsian Dance Workshop – have a go at belly dancing in the Drama Llama Tent at 1pm
We hope you enjoy the festival and look forward to seeing you there!
The Funky Llama Steering Group