With the Easter holidays behind us, we are revving up for the Summer term here at our Production and Learning centre. But what a busy Spring term we have had! Here are some of the highlights and things to look forward to this Summer.
the half girl
We’ve had an amazing reaction to our production of the half girl. Following months of rehearsals the company devised an amazing, hard-hitting and moving piece of theatre.
Curious Incident… & Frantic Assembly Workshop
In March we had the world famous Frantic Assembly run a physical theatre workshop for Young Company members aged 14+ at our Production and Learning centre. As part of the package the group went to see The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, which Frantic created the movement for, and then spent an afternoon with Sofie to work on some of the lifts and movement from the show. It was a brilliant workshop – full of energy; the participants were able to take part in some unique and creative work.
Young Company Spring showbacks
At the end of every term we hold ‘showbacks’ for all of our Young Company sessions. Participants can invite their friends and family to attend and see what the group have been up to over the past ten weeks. This term we had some slapstick comedy, tales from Brothers Grimm, insights into what we would like to be when we grow up’ and dances inspired by the group’s favourite movies! Everyone gets a chance to perform something, whether it’s a finished masterpiece or an insight into a class with some games and exercises.
Audition for our Summer productions
We have two opportunities to audition for the next Young Company Summer productions!
- Little Criminals by Evan Placey, for Young Company’s 8-11 year olds, is a play where we see Judgement Day for our well-known fairytale characters as they stand trial for their crimes.
- Immune by Oladipo Agboluaje, for Young Company’s 15+ group, is a play that has been written especially for young people at the Theatre Royal Plymouth, Royal & Derngate and West Yorkshire Playhouse.
In other news…
- Easter Eggstravaganza took place at our Production and Learning centre last week with lots of fantastic work being created by the 5-7 and 8-11 year old groups.
- Members of the Young Company performed a rehearsed reading of The Accordion Shop by Cush Jumbo as part of the NT Connections Festival in The Drum, on Wednesday 15th April.
- Stuff and Nonsense are offering a fun, creative and imaginative workshop based around storytelling, song and drama for 8-11 year olds. Find out more here.
Please call Oliver Bond, Creative Learning Assistant, on 01752 230379 to make your booking on one of our regular groups or one-off workshops.